How do I know whether I qualify for the the First Home Owner Grant?
The criteria to qualify for the the first home owner grant duty varies in each state and territory. Generally you will need to meet the following:
- at least one buyer must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- the agreement must be for the purchase of the whole property
- you must be a natural person (not a company or trust)
- you must be over 18
- you or your partner have not previously owned residential property in any form in any State or Territory of Australia
- at least one purchaser must occupy the home within 12 months and needs to live in the home for a continuous period of at least 6 months
- if your partner has previously owned a home or received a benefit from this scheme, you will not be entitled to receive a concession or exemption.
Find out more by visiting the official Australian grant First Home Owner Grant page here.