First home owner icon

How do I claim the First Home Owner Grant?

You can apply for the First Home Owner Grant at the same time as your home loan application. Your solicitor or chosen lender will usually help you apply. Your grant will be available to claim when your home loan is settled.

If you are building, the grant will be available at the time of the first drawdown on contracts to build. Alternatively, you can request an application from the Office of State Revenue in your state.

You can also apply after completion of the eligible transaction, for example, after settlement and you are registered on the property title as the owner.

You can read more about the First Home Owner Grant here.

Related Questions