First home owner icon

How do I apply for the First Home Owner Grant?

You can apply for your First Home Owner Grant at the same time as your home loan application. Your solicitor or chosen lender will usually help you apply. Alternatively, you can request an application from the Office of State Revenue in your state or territory.

When your home loan is settled, the grant will become available. If you are building, the grant will be available at the time of the first drawdown on contracts to build.

You can also apply after completion of the eligible transaction. For example, after settlement and when you are registered on the property title as the owner.

Related Questions